Put the fun into fundraising!
There are many ways you can help with raising money by having fun!
Whatever your interests are - sports, music, movies, quizzes, gardening, fashion, gaming, dancing, cooking, travel - there's a way to engage your friends and colleagues in activities which raise awareness of inequality, injustice and poverty and which help to improve the lives of children and their communities in Cambodia. Just think of what you like to do most and see how you could do it AND raise money for a great cause!
An easy place to start is to make your own page at Virgin Money Giving, which will let you set up a page for Honour Villge with details and photos of your event or challenge or activity. Your friends can sponsor you with credit cards or PayPal. If you sell something or collect money directly from friends, you can also add it to your Virgin Money page so people see the total amount you collected!
- The CAFOD website has a fantastic list of 100 ideas for you to get started:
- Here's another list of ideas from SignUpGenius.
- This Pinterest board has links to many fundraising tips and events.
- The CharityChallenge.com website has a downloadable list of activities and events you or your granny could organize.
- The Ponheary Ly Foundation (website) have a lot of tips for fundraising activities and strategies for people coming to Cambodia to work with them. Many good ideas here beyond a focus on a single event.(Click to download). (Note:the Razoo donation site mentioned charges 4.99% for donations: Virgin Money Giving charges 2%.)
The important thing is to have fun and make sure everyone else has fun. Make it regular but vary the activity or increase the excitement! Giving doesn't have to be boring! And don't do it by yourself - involve your family, friends and colleagues or classmates.
Our Status and Your Donations
Honour Village Cambodia is a UK registered charity (1137279) and a recognised Cambodian NGO. We are an entirely volunteer-run organisation with absolutely no overheads or administration costs; every penny we raise goes directly to helping disadvantaged or vulnerable children in Cambodia.